ARE CONKERS POISIONOUS TO DOGS

DURNING SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER THE CONKERS WILL BE FALLING FROM THE TREES.

Conkers are highly toxic to dogs. Not only can they cause blockages and upset stomachs. Allowing the toxins from conkers in to their bodies can result in diarrhoea, sickness, pain, restlessness, collapse, severe dehydration that can lead into toxic shock and if consuming enough can to death.


Be extra careful when walking puppies or adult dogs that see everything on the ground as a toy or free food.


Some may use conkers in the home in autumn to ward off the spider invasion. If doing so make sure they are well out of the reach of your furry friends.


As a child i remember the conker season well, gathering all the conkers, allowing them to dry out, attaching them to string and trying to smash your mates conkers in to smithereens. I'm not sure kids play these games anymore, times are changing, but if so, remember them the dangers to animals and to clean up well after them.




1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All